Tips to cut down on false alarms in West Palm Beach
False alarms may become a legitimate problem for a home security system. Not only can they be a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they may decrease the confidence you have in your equipment. Fortunately, you can do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your West Palm Beach home security system.
As the first step, ensure that all components are set up correctly. This might sound like a no-brainer, but it’s common that basic user errors trigger false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on likely causes of false alarms, including a back door that could be kept ajar by accident. And finally, you should try to use the many options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in West Palm Beach.
Might it be really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Many false alarms in West Palm Beach can be avoided
When figuring out any concern, the initial step is to review the manual. Make sure all alarms and sensors are set up appropriately from your perspective by:
- Running a system analysis with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically evaluate each sensor to be certain it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to be certain that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart implements are installed properly and aren't interfering with your system.
Contact your customer service specialist if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your West Palm Beach security system. They'll be happy to dispatch a trained expert to examine your system.
Investigate your entry points
If your system checks out installed properly, the ensuing measure is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your doors and widows closed tightly, or do you find some mistakenly ajar? If an entrance is left open, it could trip an activated sensor. If your clan routinely forgets to secure an entrance, you could install a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when the alarm is activated. Unfortunately, windows take additional manual maintenance, especially if you have someone who likes to rest with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that alarm while protecting the rest of the property.
Smart home automation is a smart way to cut down on false alarms in West Palm Beach
One of the best ways to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate smart home automation into your security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms caused by absentmindedly opening a door or window. Then have it automatically set again at night when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to deactivate whenever your smart front door lock is activated with the right number combination.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm as you depart the driveway, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your devices sense unusual activity or need a new battery.
- Pair your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in West Palm Beach with a Vivint smart home system
Greater authority over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, call (561) 556-7696 or submit the form below.