Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your West Palm Beach smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in complete control of your West Palm Beach home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and explore recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in West Palm Beach benefit you?
Wirelessly linking to components via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote operation via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can perform:
- Check live or saved video streams from all linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in West Palm Beach by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open door will prompt you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in West Palm Beach
Although multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and provide the information to send an invitation.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new West Palm Beach security system. Contact (561) 556-7696 to get started.